Pages

▼

Monday, September 19, 2016

6-Minute Miracle Morning Routine


I've been working on a new morning routine lately. 

I recently went to a Junior League training event on the "6-Minute Miracle Morning". 

This was based on the book The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, who has a really, really inspiring story! 

The event was super helpful as far as just knowing WHAT to do in the mornings to set yourself up for success! And while brushing your teeth and getting dressed will certainly set you up for success, the 6-minute morning really focused on preparing your mind for the day ahead. 

Hal used the acronym Life "SAVERS" to help us remember the categories. 

Here is what they stand for:

Silence (meditation)- 5-10 minutes of silent meditation each morning. There are plenty of meditation apps out there, if you need help getting through it. However, thanks to the fact that we've pretty much all been to yoga at some point in our lives, this shouldn't seem to crazy. Simply focus on breathing in and out for 5-10 minutes and deflect any distractions!

Affirmations- 10 minutes of repeating affirmations to yourself. The example that the presenter gave was Muhammad Ali. He is almost as famous for his affirmations as he is for his boxing. He told himself that he was the greatest every day... and he became the greatest!

Visualization- 10 minutes of visualizing yourself achieving your goals. I actually just used this to visualize myself having a productive and organized day... but it can also be used for long term goals, too! 

Exercise- 10-20 minutes of exercise. Tone It Up has a morning "Booty Call" on their website and app. These are quick morning workouts that really do boost your energy throughout the entire day!

Reading- 10 minutes of reading. Probably not a Gone Girl-esque novel, but something a little more uplifting, like a book on positivity or a daily devotional. 

Scribing (journaling)- 10 minutes of writing. 

In order to turn this into a 6-minute morning routine, simply shorten the time of each activity to 1 minute! 

I started this routine this morning and, since it was my first day, I spent 5 minutes each instead of 1 or 10. I wanted to make sure I felt like I accomplished a lot, but also got through everything in time to still look decent for work :)

Do you have a morning routine? Or have you ever tried the Morning Miracle? If so, tell me about it in the comment section! 

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend NaturePath Herbal Clinic to anyone with ALS/MND who is looking into herbal wellness.My experience with NaturePath has been very positive. From the beginning, the team was kind, patient, and supportive, and I truly appreciated the personal attention and guidance they provided throughout my wellness journey.I’m very grateful that I found NaturePath and decided to explore their herbal wellness approach. The support and encouragement I received have meant a lot to me, and I wanted to share my experience in case it may help someone else who is also exploring natural wellness options.NaturePath Herbal Clinic  www.naturepathherbalclinic.com
     info@naturepathherbalclinic.com

    ReplyDelete