What do I want my summer to look like? What do I want
to achieve by the end of it? How do I want to spend my time?
Those are the big questions
I’m answering today.
Summer Goal #1
My first goal for summer is
to spend less time on my phone. I have this really cool (and free!) app called
Moment that tracks my phone use over time. It shows me my phone use in neat and organized graphs… which I absolutely adore!
Because Moment is constantly
running in the background, I know how many hours I spend on it each day, the
average time I pick it up in the morning and when I put it down for the last
time at night.
Like all apps these days, it
has a premium feature that will even show you how much time you spend on
Facebook, Instagram, etc. But my husband already thinks it’s ridiculous that I
pay for Pandora (“Babe, commercials kill my vibe"), so I’m at my limit on purchased apps!
Summer Goal #2
My second goal is to get our
house ready for our biggest and most exciting project yet. We are having a baby (boy) in October! And while I am super excited, I know that I have a LOT to do to
get ready for his arrival!
Since I have literally no idea how to get ready for a baby, or
what to even expect, I’m relying heavily on a small library of apps, books, and
the checklists from those apps and books! Ovia and The Bump have been my faves
so far.
(I like Ovia because it
tells me I’m a “Data Queen”. I know, girl. I know.)
Summer Goal #3
My third goal for the summer
is a tie between having the most organized and efficient home in the world or
having the most organized and efficient classroom in the world… Maybe there
will be time to achieve both?
With the baby arriving in
October, that gives me a little over 4 months to get my home life in order.
Everything will be messier: the kitchen, the laundry, the house itself. I want
to get everything as decluttered and streamlined as possible!
On the other end of that
spectrum, a baby in October (middle of the first semester) means that I’ll miss
3 months of school. 3 months! Since I started teaching in my own classroom, I haven’t even missed a day... To say I’m anxious would be an understatement!
Summer Vignettes
Summer Vignettes
| I love this time of year because there are blooming hydrangeas EVERYWHERE! :) |
I know nothing is perfect
and that I will feel ready for everything when it comes. But for now, I can at
least make myself feel better by making elaborate checklists and spreadsheets,
right? J
What are some of your goals this
summer? What are some plans or steps you can take over the summer to achieve
them? Teachers, any advice for a new mom?
Follow Organized Charm on Instagram
Follow Organized Charm on Instagram
google 1917
ReplyDeletegoogle 1918
google 1919
google 1920
google 1921
I highly recommend NaturePath Herbal Clinic to anyone with ALS/MND who is looking into herbal wellness.My experience with NaturePath has been very positive. From the beginning, the team was kind, patient, and supportive, and I truly appreciated the personal attention and guidance they provided throughout my wellness journey.I’m very grateful that I found NaturePath and decided to explore their herbal wellness approach. The support and encouragement I received have meant a lot to me, and I wanted to share my experience in case it may help someone else who is also exploring natural wellness options.NaturePath Herbal Clinic www.naturepathherbalclinic.com
ReplyDeleteinfo@naturepathherbalclinic.com