Organized Charm: January Vignettes

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Vignettes



I have to admit that January is typically my least favorite month. I'm not sure why... but it's just usually all cold and dreary and rainy and makes me want to jump on an airplane and never return to Memphis. HOWEVER, in my decades of experiencing Januaries, this one has actually been exceptionally pleasant. The sun has been out more than normal. Plus it's been warm enough to keep our windows open (which is my absolute favorite!). I truly hope that y'all have been as fortunate. 

And if it has been tough for you, find an awesome Australian blog or Instagram account to live vicariously through! It always works for me! (#SUMMERFOREVER!) 

Here's what January looked like...


...on Organized Charm

I have continued to work on new OC printables for Organized Charm's Etsy shop! Below is a sneak peek of the "mini" version of the weekly grid view. This printable is a smaller, more colorful version of the planner in my How I Organize My Planner post and it will be released Wednesday, February 4! :) 




Most of the January posts on Organized Charm focused on goal setting and goal accomplishing! Two of my personal favorite things! :) 

Start Your Own Blog in 4 Easy Steps

Room-by-Room Home Organization/Staging 

15 Quick Ways to Improve Your Morning Routine

How to Create Long-Term Goals

How to Actually Accomplish Your 2015 Goals





...in my "real life"

Saying goodbye to 2014 wasn't terribly difficult for me. While a lot of great things happened (like moving, celebrating 3 years as a married couple, and GRADUATING from grad school), there were also a lot of tough things that went on, too (like moving, being a married couple, and grad school). Life is full of ups and downs and it's all about attitude, perspective, and teamwork, don't you agree? 




This is my little brother. He's been volunteering at national parks all over the southwest with AmericaCore since September. BUT he came home for Christmas and it was just so, so much fun! I just love this wittle guy!  


I have been pretty obsessive about my goals this year! Ever since I officially finished grad school, I've really been focusing on what I want my next step to be! And to know what your next step is, you obviously have to know where you're trying to go... you know?! 


No January in Memphis is complete without basketball.


And no week around our home is complete without me rearranging... well, something. Welcome to my "corner office with a view"! 


You know how exciting it is when someone that you love turns out to love something that you love?! Getting back into yoga was one of my goals for all of my newly-acquired post-grad free time! And the best thing of all best things happened! It turns out that my husband really enjoys yoga, too! #YAY



...elsewhere

Maybe it's because I grew up as a female athlete or because I was home schooled by my slightly-hippie-ish mom or because Ariel is the first Disney princess that I remember, but I have always been into anything and everything that revolves around "girl power". And it seems that especially over the past few months, the media has just been filled with articles and books and videos that focus on building a generation of girls that don't live up to typical "girl" stereotypes. 

And I JUST. LOVE. IT. Here are my favorites that I've seen lately:






You Are What You Wear: The Dangerous Lessons Kids Learn From Sexist T-Shirts (Huffington Post)


How was your first month of 2015? Was it the fresh start you needed it to be? Did you make and stick to any special resolutions? 

1 comment:

  1. Within a few days my results were back and my diagnosis confirmed.... I had HSV2. I felt angry and betrayed because he had not been honest with me and I had a feeling that he knew he had it based on how he responded when I gave him the news.Fast forward to a year down the track and I finally broke free of my drug addiction and my extremely toxic relationship, but I felt tainted and overwhelmed now more than ever by this condition. So I sucked it up and decided I would not live like this - despite every person I talked to about it saying that herpes was incurable, once you had it you had it for the rest of your life, blah blah blah. I knew this was bullshit. Deep down I trusted my body and I wasn't about to let anyone tell me what was and was not possible for me to achieve once I set my mind to it. I placed an order on Herbalist RAZOR Herbal Medicine for Curing the virus Through His YouTube Channel @ HERBALIST RAZOR and it worked the magic, Herbalist RAZOR is a Godsent to mankind, Visit his website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . Email Herbalist RAZOR via herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp/Call directly via +2349065420442.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...