Organized Charm: March Vignettes

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Vignettes

Big things are happening around the Horton household! 
So, I have chosen the last Sunday of the month to keep y’all updated on all of the new changes…
all while providing a “month in review”-ish style post!

If this is your first time here, just stick with me while I get a little self-centered. 
I promise, I usually talk about organizing something! :)



In the month of March…



We spent Spring Break really staging our home

I cannot even begin to describe all of the work that goes into doing this! But you know what? I have discovered that I absolutely LOVE the staging process! It is just all about cleaning, clearing, decluttering, eliminating, and simplifying





We had a “snow week”.

Yes, you read that right. The week before Spring Break, we received, like, 2 inches of snow (maybe) and were out of school for almost a whole week (some of the more rural schools did get the whole week out). Please ignore the horribleness of these photos. They were my pathetic attempt to capture the snow outside. I have to say that I was pretty thrilled since snow in Memphis almost never “sticks”!





My students were precious (as usual)!

My sweet Kindergarteners are starting to write and have used their newly-acquired skill to write me notes on notes on notes! Here is one of my favorites (ignore the fact that I placed it on my kitchen counter and got it wet). 

And let me just preface this by saying that they are all obsessed with Despicable Me and the Minions. 
(I mean, who isn’t?)

“There was a minion. Her name was Mrs. Horton, The Minion. She was happy."

“I love you. From Paolo"



Obviously, I spent too much money on pretty office supplies at Target

No further explanation required. 





WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! 

Which was my biggest goal for the beginning of the year! I was hoping it would happen in March… and it happened in March! The timing literally could not have been any better and we are just so thankful go God! This was a HUGE things for me to mark off of my to-do list!




 And here are some posts from March. 

In the comments of the Time Management System post, a reader requested that I write a post on procrastination and how to deal with it. Well, when I started researching the *causes* of procrastination… I found so much useful information that I just went ahead and wrote two posts! So, March kind of turned out to be an anti-procrastination month! 

I am always happy to write requested posts, so don’t be afraid to ask! 








We have also begun the official countdown to our moving day. 

The location is still top secret (mainly because there isn’t a specific location yet!). We are just so excited about this time in our lives and can’t wait to see where God opens up doors! Meanwhile, I am super excited about all of the new organization projects (and lists) that come along with moving!




As I do every year, I chose Memphis to win the National Championship. 

And as it does every year, my bracket has become irrelevant. Oh, well… maybe next year :)




So, that’s what happened in the oh-so-exciting life of Kirsten during March. 

Tell me about some of the things y’all did in March! 

Did you do an awesome job on your midterms? Have an awesome Spring Break? Or make some cool plans for the summer? 

I LOVE getting to know my readers, so let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...