Organized Charm: Project: Balanced Time Management

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Project: Balanced Time Management


If you’re a crazy obsessive-ish person like me, you’re driven by deadlines. Something can be completely unimportant, but the second that someone gives it a deadline it becomes my number one priority! Last month, I had a ton of papers due for my research project. 

Okay, it was just four; one a week. But I got so caught up in writing them that I literally forgot to eat lunch every day in September. I FORGOT TO EAT. What the heck? Who does that?! I forgot to pay bills. I forgot to return e-mails and phone calls… I was a hot mess. 

As I laid (or lay?) in bed one night, unable to go to sleep because my mind was racing thinking of how my non-school-related-to-do-list had gotten impossibly long, I realized that I was feeling overwhelmed because I was unbalanced. It’s so true! 

School and work are just a part of our lives, yet it’s so easy to zone in on them and feel like that’s all we do! So, stay with me as I get a little hippie-ish for a minute and let’s try to balance out our lives!


According to Feng Shui (told you I was about to get hippie-ish!), there are 9 different areas of our lives:

  1. Work
  2. Relationships
  3. Family
  4. Finances
  5. Health
  6. Spiritual
  7. Creativity 
  8. School
  9. Social 
(by the way, these are reeeally simplified categories... you can read about the complete ones here). 

When we are allotting a somewhat proportional about of time to each section, we feel happy and healthy. However, if we are too obsessed with focused on one aspect of life, we tend to get off balance. And that keeps us from feeling happy! 

So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, there is a good chance that you’re zoning in on one thing and missing out on something else that you totally need!


To fix this problem, here is what I did: I got out 9 of those small, 2x2 Post-It’s and stuck them on the wall. That’s right, ON THE WALL. They weren’t even color-coded, or anything! See that pink one? It it literally just means that I ran out of blue. 

I treated these Post-It's like the 9 areas of my life and wrote a category on the top of each note.


Then, I wrote the top 3 most pressing tasks I could think of under each category. Seeing it all organized like that made me feel immediately better! In the Relationship square, I wrote down simple things like going to the park with my husband or cleaning the coffee maker (something that makes him super happy). 

In the Creativity square, I wrote all of my stuff to do for Organized Charm! Spiritual is probably the easiest one to blow off every day when things get hectic… but I’ve found that, if I make time for it every morning, I really have a more positive attitude throughout the day!

BTW, this is actually my to-do list for today… Don’t you just love it when you have to schedule in time to “shower”? 



Finally, let’s just work on spending an *equal* amount of time on each square! It may even be 10 minutes but, hey! We can accomplish more than we think in 10 minutes! In the future, let's try to start managing our time like this everyday! 

Balanced lives are happy and productive lives! And I love to be happy and productive, don’t you? :)

Do you ever feel like you’re “zoned in” on one aspect of life? How do you balance and keep up with everything? 

17 comments:


  1. I have been suffering from HIV and Genital Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been
    taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr TAKUTA on how he has been
    curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation
    he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went
    for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are
    suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr TAKUTA today on this Email address:
    takutaspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +27788634102....

    Dr.TAKUTA also cures:
    1. HEPATITIS A,B,C
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3.DIABETES
    4.STROKE.
    5.STDS and STI
    6. MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
    7.LOVE SPELL CASTING
    8.JOB PROMOTION SPELLS
    9.MARITAL PROBLEM
    10.MAGIC MONEY SPELLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DR. UNEME brought back my ex lover unemespellben@gmail.com
    Am DONNA, am from UK. After been in a relationship with my Boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl. of a truth, I really love this guy and never can I imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, I came across some Testimonies on a website about this great spell caster called (Dr. UNEME) any persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex lover back, I had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr UNEME I equally want to use this opportunity to Tell/Advice to as many who need their ex back, if you need his help you can Contact him through
    EMAIL: unemespellben@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM @ +2348143813120


    Thank You Once Again Dr.UNEME


    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting, but it is necessary to click on this link: Project Management Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete

  5. Admiring the time and energy you put into your site and in depth information you offer.
    한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent read!
    일본야동



    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something such as this before. So nice to find somebody with authentic applying for grants this subject.
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! This article could not be written much better!
    Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept preaching about this. I’ll forward this information to him.
    한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have recently started a website, the information you provide on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi to every one, since I am truly keen of reading this webpage’s post to be updated on a regular basis.
    It consists of pleasant stuff.

    my web page; 오피

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you have right here on this post. Points and Trick

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been searching for hours on this topic and finally found your post. 바카라사이트, I have read your post and I am very impressed. We prefer your opinion and will visit this site frequently to refer to your opinion. When would you like to visit my site?


    ReplyDelete
  13. Our the purpose is to share the reviews about the latest Jackets,Coats and Vests also share the related Movies,Gaming, Casual,Faux Leather and Leather materials available Money Heist Tokio Bomber Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Ethan Winters Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible blog here! It's mind boggling posting with the checked and genuinely accommodating data. jotaro kujo coat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...